Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Best Experience of My Life

The best experience of my life was attending college at Molloy. I graduated from Molloy with my BA in Adolescent Education with a concentration in Spanish. I am one of few people in my family to graduate college.

It was the best experience because I met some great people along the way including people who I consider to be my best friends. I also met my girlfriend of more than two years at Molloy during a semester abroad trip to León, Spain. These people have influenced me to become a better person. I now consider myself to be someone who is hardworking, respectful, and generous.

When I began my undergraduate program at Molloy, I was a spoiled high school student-athlete, who didn't care for meeting new people or having new experiences. I slowly realized that the world doesn't revolve around me, and my experience at Molloy led me to become a man and an excellent student.

I loved my experience at Molloy so much that now I work in the Athletics Department as a Graduate Assistant in Athletic Operations. I look forward to my short commute every morning and come to school with a smile, knowing that I will achieve my objectives in the Athletics Department and my new aim, to be the first in my family to obtain a master's degree.



Vocabulary:
1) concentration (noun)- mental effort
2) consider (verb)- think carefully about
3) abroad (adverb)- in or to a foreign country
4) hardworking (adjective)- a person who performs with energy
5) respectful (adjective)- showing humility
6) generous (adjective)- showing kindness toward others
7) excellent (adjective)- outstanding
8) commute (verb)- travel between home and work on a daily basis
9) objective (noun)- a goal
10) obtain (verb)- to get or secure something

Vocabulary Activity:
Directions: Fill in the blanks using the vocabulary words from above

1) Tatiane traveled __________ to Brazil this past summer.

2) The __________ of the class is to comprehend quadratic equations.

3) The little girl was very __________ to her grandmother by opening the door for her.

4) Each assignment in his accounting class requires plenty of __________.

5) The teacher candidate had to __________ the offer from both school districts.

6) Mr. Martinez had to _________ his doctorate degree in order to be referred to as Dr. Martinez.

7) Tom's __________ is from Hicksville to Rockville Centre.

8) The teenager is __________ because he volunteers at the soup kitchen.

9) The father works two jobs and his co-employees call him a __________ man.

10) The teacher wrote "__________" on his essay because he received an A.

Grammar Point:
An adjective describes a noun in a complete sentence. It describes a particular quality of a word they are modifying. For example: The purple flower. The adjective here would be purple because it describes the color of the flower, which is a noun.

Grammar Activity:
Directions: With emphasis on creating a complete sentence involving adjectives, describe the setting in which you are reading this blog from.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Molloy was a transformative experience for you! I enjoyed reading about it. Good vocabulary and grammar sections!

    ReplyDelete